Hi! Hello there. Long time no see– er, write. Here, allow me to tear down these cobwebs and vacuum up some of this dust. Eeesh. The way I see it, there’s no better time of year to give the ol’ blogeroo a nice spring cleaning than now. Right now, as a matter of fact. So in the words of Ricky Ricardo, I’ve got some ‘splaining to do.
A LOT has happened since I’ve typed words for you to read last. So much. But here are some major points you might like to know.
1. The ol’ ticker is about to roll over to a quarter of a century in a little less than two weeks. That’s monumental, right?
2. I’ve picked tap dancing back up. Yes, I was one of those cute little girls in adorably over-the-top costumes as a kid and I had a –gasp– dance mom. But when I explain to people that my mama was a dance mom of the 90s, people’s eye brows seem to lower back down to average height.
3. I have done a lot of growing in the past, oh, year and some change since I’ve been here last. Okay, not literally. I still measure up to a staggering 5′ 2″, but personally and professionally I’ve had some pretty cool opportunities presented to me. Experiences I’ve been humbled to take advantage of and grow from.
4. I love being uber creative. That’s not so new. But I have channeled my crafting abilities into an Etsy shop! It’s called Burlap Bovine. Check it out if you like shiny things, rusty stuff and turquoise, like I do! I created an Instagram account to focus on the things I make too~ @burlapbovine. In case you were wondering, that was a not-so-shameless plug.
5. Agriculture isn’t the only thing I advocate for these days. I’m on a new journey now called, “my boyfriend is training to become a police officer and I love him a lot and I want to support him but have no idea what I’m doing, but I’m trying.” 🙂 Anyone else been through this already? I’d love to bend your ear! It’s tough. It’s awesome. It’s emotional. It’s awe-inspiring. It’s…scary. I’d like to eventually blog about that too, but it’s not time yet.
So, all in all, I’ve got some new plans for this space. I’ve been hesitant to write here lately, well for the past year and some change, to be exact, because I didn’t know WHAT to write about. I’m lucky that my life is, for the most part, pretty dang diverse. That has a better ring to it than busy…So I’ve got some mental organizing to do. But let’s face it, that’s what I’ve been doing for the past 17 months, away from this space. So, like a muscle, I’m going to work my blogging strength back up to what it was circa 2011-2013, or do my very stinkin’ best! Kind of like cross-fit of this day and age, but with writing and not lifting very heavy things or jumping too high causing a sprained ankle.
Thank you for allowing me to come back after a very long hiatus. I hope you like what you see as we evolve in this space together. If not, I hope at least you get a good chuckle every once in a while.
Happy Spring cleaning!
See ya later alligators,
Mal the Beef Gal